Classes are offered September-May for children in PK-4 through high school:
- PK-4 & Kindergarten instills an awareness of God through songs, crafts and stories; classes meet Sundays, 9am
- Grades 1-6 meet Sundays 9am, or Monday 3:30pm
- Grade 7 meets Sunday 9am or Thursday 7pm
- Grade 8 meets for RE classes on Sunday 9am or Thursday 7pm (Sept-Dec), and then Sunday mornings for Confirmation prep. Confirmation is celebrated in April/May.
- Our High School program is for teenagers preparing for the sacraments of Penance, Eucharist and Confirmation (classes are Sunday 9am or Thursday 7pm)
- RCIA is for children & teens (age 7+) seeking full initiation into the Catholic Church through the sacraments of Baptism, Communion & Confirmation. They attend 9am Sunday Mass, and are dismissed after the homily for class.
- a self-contained Special Needs class and post-Confirmation Youth Group meet Tuesdays evenings at 6:30pm and 7pm, respectively
Family Faith Sundays are the third Sunday of the month. Children who come to class on Sundays (Grades 1-7 and RCIA) meet in the Lower Church at 9am with their parents for shared prayer, lessons, activities and coffee/juice. While this is an expected part of the Sunday curriculum, we highly encourage our Monday & Tuesday families to come, too! (It will be convenient for you to head right to Mass at 10:30am.)
For children in their second year of Religious Education who are preparing for Confirmation or First Reconciliation & Communion — there will be a parent meeting in the fall that will explain the program for your family. (Sacrament prep is a minimum of two years.)
An annual class fee covers books, materials and operating costs:
- 1 child: $110 ~ 2 children: $135 ~ 3 or more children: $160
- additional for First Eucharist year: $40
- additional for Confirmation year: $135
- Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes, but parents are asked to call is a child will be absent.
- Over 8 absences constitute an incomplete year.
- An evaluation report is mailed twice a year to guage a child’s progress. Parents are always welcome to contact the catechist or DRE about your child’s faith formation.
- With time limited to 75 minutes, catechists cannot allow behavior problems to upset a class. If problems continue, parents will be notified.
- Students cannot bring food, drink or gum to class. Students must respect the property of Transfiguration Academy’s staff and students.
- Replacement cost of a lost textbook is $10